Wednesday, 15 May 2019 at 9:30AM
St Albans City and District Council Civic Centre, St Peter’s Street, AL1 3JE
The East of England is blessed with an abundance of historic market towns, listed buildings and a rich urban heritage. This event will focus on the changing face of the High Street, maintaining the vitality of town centres and strategies aimed at breathing new life into heritage buildings at risk. There will be an opportunity to discuss the topics with colleagues across the region.
- Tracy Harvey, St Albans City and District Council Head of Planning and Building Control - “Welcome to St Albans”
- Timothy Crawshaw, Historic Towns & Villages Forum - Retail, the high street and the revival of historic cores
- Jason Clemons, Savills - Is Heritage the future for our High Streets?
- Edward James, Historic England - ‘New life for old streets: Historic England’s High Street Heritage Action Zones’
- Vanessa Gregory, Look! St Albans - How collaborative planning is helping to keep our city centre from becoming St Anywhere!
- Paul Clement, Savills Director & Head of Place Shaping and British BIDs Director. Town Centres – The Return To History
- Bill Grimsey, - The Vanishing High Street