Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 9:00AM
St George's Centre, 60 Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3DL
In an increasingly complex regulatory and political environment, how can planning policy professionals contribute to the delivery of spatial, sustainable and inclusive planning?
Through a range of perspectives and drawing on recent developments, this conference will consider the legal, procedural and practical dimensions to the preparation and implementation of planning policy.
The full programme is available here
Confirmed topics and speakers include;
- Government update on policy in relation to Development Plans Steve Quartermain - Chief Planner, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
- Recent Case Law - Planning policy and housing land supply. Leanne Buckley Thomson, Barrister, No5 Chamber
- A devolution perspective: The Greater Manchester Planning and Housing Commission Jane Healey Brown, Head of Planning, Arup, Manchester
- Development Plans - A Local Authority approach to the examination process Martin Elliot, Group Manager, Leeds City Council
- Best Practice in Plan Making and Lessons for the Future, John Craig and Jessica Hobson, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
This conference could count as appropriate CPD for RTPI members - remember to keep a record of your learning, including your learning outcomes, in your CPD record