Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 9:30AM
The Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA
Siemens £160 million investment in wind turbine production and installation facilities in Yorkshire is based at Alexandra Dock, Hull.
The investment has provided a huge boost to the UK’s offshore wind industry and the Humber region.
The combined investment from Siemens and ABP of £310 million to create up to 1,000 jobs directly, with additional jobs and in the supply chain.
This RTPI seminar and study tour will explore how this investment was secured and the role of Planning professionals in it. Attendees will also have the opportunity to tour this world-class facility.
Green Port Hull won the prestigious RTPI Award for Planning Excellence for Yorkshire 2018.
This event is being arranged with kind support and in conjunction with Siemens UK and Hull City Council.
Chair - Bob Wolfe, RTPI Yorkshire Secretary
Alex Codd, City Economic Development & Regeneration Manager
- 9.30 – Registration at The Guildhall*
- 9.35- 9.45 – by coach to Siemens
- 9.45 – Introduction and Health and Safety check by Siemens
- 10.00 – 12.00 Tour of Alexandra Dock and Siemens facility
- 12.00 – 12.10 return to The Guildhall
- 12.10 – Introduction John Acres – Immediate Past RTPI President
- 12.15 - 13.00 – Presentation by Alex Codd, City Economic Development & Regeneration Manager, on Planning context and achievements
*essential start time – all other times are approximate