Thursday, 04 July 2019 at 9:00AM
The Pitt Building, Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 1RP
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This unique masterclass gives you a rare perspective into the life of a developer, how the development industry works and in particular how to value development land. It uses a mix of techniques and exercises to help you think like a land buyer. Enjoy a varied day and discover the practical application of development economics and gain valuable insight on how to negotiate successful outcomes.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Learn the language of development, the different types/sources of finance/contingency and profit
- Learn more about viability assessment, property valuation and assessing sales value, whilst understanding build costs
- Gain practical experience of designing a scheme and understanding the risks including loss and profit
- Get insight into the timings of developing a scheme and implications of delays
Core CPD Framework:
- Infrastructure Planning and Economic Development
Our trainer - Keith Thomas
Keith is a chartered development surveyor and town planner with 35 years’ professional experience in major projects, strategic planning, regeneration and economic growth. Keith previously worked for international property consultants Chesterton and for DTZ where he became National Director of Regeneration. He also worked for global design/engineering consultancy EDAW/AECOM where he provided specific development experience to urban design and planning studies across the UK.
He now runs his own planning and development consultancy from his home on the South Wales coast. Keith has established himself as a strong, “critical friend” advisor, working primarily with public sector clients throughout the UK; bringing detailed understanding of commercial delivery and financial viability to economic development and regeneration projects.
Past delegates said...
- "It was a great opportunity to improve my knowledge of development and development finance, and has allowed me to network with peers in both the private and public sector" (Understanding developers and development finance 29.03.18)
- "Have been in planning a long time - this was new content and it actually provided me with greater and useful knowledge and a better understanding of developer considerations" (Understanding developers and development finance, 29.03.18)
- "It greatly improved my understanding of the process developers take when acquiring a site for development, and the wide range of challenges they face when delivering a project" (Understanding developers and development finance, 17.04.18)
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.