Wednesday, 06 February 2019 at 6:30PM
The Galley, 70 Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6EL
Over 50 years on from London’s Great Smog and the original Clean Air Act of 1956 the streets of London continue to have toxic levels of pollution. Thousands of Londoners continue to die prematurely each year as a result of small particulates in the atmosphere. In 2018, legal limits for pollutants were breached by January.
RTPI London's 'Tackling London's Illegal Air Pollution' seminar approaches the topic from a range of different persepectives, such as:
- The Mayor's approach presented by Stephen Inch (GLA)
- The campaigner’s view from those who have successfully challenged the UK Government in the High Court presented by Katherine Neild (UK Clean air Lawyer)
- Learn how the Port of London is improving river based pollution with James Trimmer
- Matt Mitchell (REC) will present how developers improve air quality through assessment and mitigation.
- Chaired by Conal Kearney (REC).
Come listen to our speakers, engage and discuss afterwards over refreshments.
*This seminar is the first in a series of events RTPI London are running with The London Society*
This event has been kindly sponsored by: