Tuesday, 30 October 2018 at 9:30AM
Etc venues, Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ, UK
This introductory masterclass explains how to fulfil the legal requirements of SEA and SA, and how to use the SEA/SA processes to help improve plans. It provides a detailed analysis of the legal requirements for SEA and SA, and discusses differences between the two processes. It then goes through the SEA/SA process step by step, explaining how to carry out that step, with the help of both good and bad examples.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Gain knowledge on when SEA and/or SA are required
- Be able to carry out an SEA/SA, and intelligently review an SEA/SA
There is plenty of time for discussion and queries.
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priority:
- Understanding land as a resource (demand for energy)
- Effective decision making
Our masterclasses are delivered by our pool of industry leaders who are able to draw on their extensive personal experience to offer practical, interactive courses to our delegates.
Explore our trainer's background and their areas of expertise below.
Dr Riki Therivel
Dr Riki Therivel is director of Levett-Therivel sustainability consultants. She has studied and practiced SEA/SA since 1992, has written three books and many articles on the subject, and taught SEA/SA on Oxford Brookes University’s MSc in Environmental Assessment and Management for 17 years. She has been involved in dozens of SEA/SAs as a critical friend, main or supporting consultant, and at EiP.
Past delegates said...
- "Very useful coverage of the SEA direct and advice on how to undertake on SA/SEA in particular where to concerntrate time and resources" (Introduction to Sustainability Appraisal (Strategic Environmental Assessment) 26.04.17)
- "This has been an excellent learning experience (without powerpoint). Riki is engaging and enthusiastic and I have learnt loads. Thank you!" (Introduction to Sustainability Appraisal (Strategic Environmental Assessment) 26.04.17)
- This was a great introduction to a topic I knew very little (i.e: nothing) about. Covered the topic at a sufficient level of depth while maintaining comprehensive treatment of the issues and scope one is likely to encounter. (Introduction to Sustainability Appraisal (Strategic Environmental Assessment) 26.04.17)
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking, please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.