Thursday, 11 October 2018 at 9:30AM
The Hospitium, Museum Gardens, York YO1 7FR
Different aspects of good practice in development management will be covered including appeals, the NPPF and enforcement. We will also look at management challenges at a time of great financial pressure.
The conference will be very useful to planning practitioners in both the public and private sectors.
Event programme and speakers;
- Chaired by Phil Crabtree, RTPI Yorkshire
- Effective Enforcement, Don Sorby, Chief Enforcement Officer, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
- Good Practice at Appeals, Sarah Richards, Chief Executive, PINS
- Review of the NPPF, Steve Quartermain, Chief Planner, MHCLG
- Lessons from recent cases, Emma O'Gorman, Senior Associate, Pinsent Mason LLP
- The Developer's Point of View, James Hall, Partner, Barton Willmore
- Calculating Housing Need, Martin Elliot, Group Manager Policy and Plans, Leeds City Council
- Financial Viability and Affordable Housing Calculations, David Newham, Consultant
- Q&A with speakers
This conference will run from 9.30am until 4pm. Lunch and all refreshments are included.
It is organised by RTPI Yorkshire on behalf of the RTPI Yorkshire Conference Series Partnership.