Tuesday, 06 November 2018 at 9:30AM
Etc venues, Maple House, 150 Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6TB
This unique masterclass gives you a rare perspective into the life of a developer, how the development industry works and in particular how to value development land. This masterclass uses a mix of techniques and exercises to help you think like a land buyer. Enjoy a varied day and discover the practical application of development economics.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Learn the language of development, the different types/sources of finance/contingency and profit
- Learn more about viability assessment, property valuation and assessing sales value, whilst understanding build costs
- Gain practical experience of designing a scheme, understand the risks including loss and profit
- Get insight into the timings of developing a scheme and implications when delays occur
- Gain valuable insight into the process of development – this will help you to negotiate successful outcomes
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
Our masterclasses are delivered by our pool of industry leaders who are able to draw on their extensive personal experience to offer practical, interactive courses to our delegates.
Explore our trainer's background and their areas of expertise below.
Michael A Griffin has worked in the UK housing development industry for more than 40 years. Starting in sales, he then moved to construction and later became the Managing Director of a housing company for a major Public Limited Company (PLC). For the last five years, Michael has worked as a property consultant helping land and property owners obtain planning permission and then build or sell out their assets.
Past delegates said...
- "It was a great opportunity to improve my knowledge of development and development finance, and has allowed me to network with peers in both the private and public sector" (Understanding developers and development finance 29.03.18)
- "Have been in planning a long time - this was new content and it actually provided me with greater and useful knowledge and a better understanding of developer considerations" (Understanding developers and development finance, 29.03.18)
- "It greatly improved my understanding of the process developers take when acquiring a site for development, and the wide range of challenges they face when delivering a project" (Understanding developers and development finance, 17.04.18)
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.