Thursday, 01 November 2018 at 9:30AM
Etc venues, 11 Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3HU
For good planning outcomes, planners increasingly need good project management skills. We have designed this masterclass to meet the needs of everyone who has to manage projects or tasks and deliver the results under time pressures. It addresses the major stages of project management and gives you the tools, methods and techniques you need to manage your projects successfully.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Gain tools and techniques to support you to develop a ‘real life’ successful project plan
- Learn how to identify and manage risks
- Receive practical tips on time management, stakeholders engagement, resource allocation and effective team management
- Receive hands-on experience in how to make your projects a success
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Communication, mediation and negotiation skills
- Management and business skills
Our masterclasses are delivered by our pool of industry leaders who are able to draw on their extensive personal experience to offer practical, interactive courses to our delegates.
Explore our trainer's background and their areas of expertise below.
Dr. Mike Clayton
Dr Mike Clayton is a former management consultant and project manager – originally specialising in local government. He has led large and complex projects in the public and private sectors. Over the last twenty years, he has trained many thousands of project managers, while starting two successful businesses and becoming a respected public speaker and author. Mike is the author of fourteen books, including How to Manage a Great Project and Brilliant Project Leader.
Past delegates said...
- "Engaging and entertaining presenter who brought project management to life" (Project management for planners 15.03.18)
- "The trainer Mike Clayton was very engaging and delivered the masterclass well. He tried to find common ground with all of us in one way or another" (Project management for planners 15.03.18)
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.