Tuesday, 13 November 2018 at 9:30AM
Etc venues, Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London
This masterclass is designed to provide an understanding of the planning system for elected members, parish, community and town councillors, non-planning professionals working in place-making, technicians, administrators and support staff. Delegates will gain an invaluable insight into plan making, the role of development management and the way decisions on individual planning applications are made either by the planning committee, by the officers under delegated powers or by appeal.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Gain a clear understanding on the importance and purpose of the planning system
- Appreciate the wider context and gather insights into the legislative framework and guidance within which you are working
- Know what a planning application is and how a decision is made
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priority:
- Effective decision making
Past delegates said...
- "I felt the content was set at exactly the right level and covered the key areas associated with my current job role" (Introduction to the planning system 28.02.18)
- "The enthusiasm from the trainer was inspirational" (Introduction to the planning system 08.05.18)
- "Approachable, thorough, clearly presented and at an absorbable pace. The group sizes and total number of attendees felt comfortable. The catering was excellent.." (Introduction to the planning system 08.05.18)
- "Training materials were really good - training booklet is a really good resource" (Introduction to the planning system 28.02.18)
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.