Tuesday, 20 November 2018 at 9:30AM
Nottingham Conference Centre, Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
As our towns and cities expand, how do you calculate your local need for housing and employment? Do you want to understand how to ensure new homes are located with easy access to jobs or to encourage job creation alongside housing development? With new guidance emerging on a standardised approach to objectively assessed housing need – how do you implement this? How can neighbouring areas work collaboratively to meet these needs?
This briefing aims to help you interpret guidance. We want to help you make and deliver sound policies on housing and the employment, based on solid evidence.
Through a combination of input from expert speakers and discussion, you will:
- Learn about guidance on a standardised approach to assessing housing need objectively
- Explore housing delivery – how will we meet housing targets
- Hear about sustainable growth - how will we do this? What infrastructure is needed to support growth?
- Find out about the Five-year land supply – what are the issues, implications etc…
- Hear how can local authorities co-operate across borders
- Learn about economic development and housing need
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Understanding and practicing in a market economy
- Communication, mediation and negotiation skills
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports: