Tuesday, 22 May 2018 at 10:00AM
Sandy Park Conference Centre, Exeter EX2 7NN, UK
Limited places remaining! please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability
This event will be a mix of practical “how to” sessions for both Development Management and Policy Planning from both a public and private perspective.
Download the programme for more information on the sessions:
Full programme with information on what to expect from each workshop
There are 5 rooms running concurrently throughout the day. You will be able to choose 4 workshops sessions to attend from the options listed.
This is a great opportunity to tailor the day to your CPD needs and preferences.
Final list of workshops are as follows:
- Running the viability gauntlet workshop
Mark Felgate, Director M.E.D. Planning and Associate at Three Dragon
- The viability negotiation process
Claire Giles, Surveyor at DVS - Property Services arm of the Valuation Office Agency
Jim Cliffe, Planning Obligations Manager at Bristol City Council
- Development Team Approach
Mark Reynolds at BANES
- How to kick start urban regeneration
Chris Shephard, Head of Economic Development at Bournemouth Borough Council
- Beyond Policy – An Alternative Approach to Good Design.
Simon Gould at Mitchell Eley Gould
Making Local Authority DM services more commercial
Anna Thompson, LABC Business Development Director
- The interface between mainstream planning and minerals and waste
Andy Hill, Principal Planning Officer - Minerals & Waste at Devon Country Council
- The good, the bad, the ugly - Enforcement options and how to succeed at Appeal.
Jon Drew, Enforcement Officer at Cornwall Council
Bridget Campbell, PINS
- Writing Appeal Statements & Giving Evidence at Inquiries
Mike Muston, Muston Planning
- Writing Skills for Planners
Rob Cowan, Urban Design Skills
- Workshop: Habitats Regulations Assessment screening for plans
Dr. Riki Therivel, Director at Levett-Therivel
Avoiding the fudge: taking a consistent approach to applying the flood risk sequential and exception test
Marcus Salmon, Environment Agency
- Assessing Significant and Insignificant Harm to Heritage
Simon Hickman, Historic England
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment: What you need to know
Melanie Croll CMLI– Landscape Officer at Devon County Council. Chair of the Devon Landscape Policy Group
- Permitted development change of use.
Graham Gover, Solicitor
- Planning Obligations or Conditions
Graham Gover, Solicitor
Current and Future Transport Planning Techniques
Mark Pearce AMCIHT, Consultant (Transportation) at Hydrock
How to book
Follow the online booking links below - you can pay online or request an invoice. We ask that you try to complete the purchase order number field at point of booking or forward soon after.
For multiple bookings accross the 2018 programme, you may download the booking form and email to email@example.com
We now welcome exhibitors to showcase their firm, recent developments and to further engage with RTPI Members and professionals in planning. Please contact for further information.
0207 929 8190