Tuesday, 06 March 2018 at 9:30AM
Cloth Hall Court, Quebec Street, Leeds, LS1 2HA
The Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Regulations require certain developments to go through an assessment process. This course will support you to identify and assess potentially significant environmental effects of developments. The EIA process is complex, involving screening, scoping, assessment and evaluation. Each stage will help you in identifying what measures should be proposed and applied to the final scheme to reduce impacts.
By attending, this masterclass will help you understand what Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is, and identify the different stages of the process.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Work through different case studies to gain a better understanding of the EIA process and all relevant legislation
- Gain valuable insight into what is EIA and how to apply the different stages of the process (screening, scoping, assessment and evaluation)
- Learn what constitutes a competent project description for The Environmental Statement (ES)
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Understanding land as a resource (demand for energy)
- Effective decision making
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking, please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports: