Wednesday, 07 February 2018 at 5:30PM
GVA offices, 3 Brindley Place, Birmingham B1 2JB
Speakers: James Mumby, Town Planning Manager Phase One Directorate (Area North) & Gary Woodward, Development Planning Manager (City Centre Team), Birmingham City Council.
This evening seminar will provide delegates with an update on HS2 including:
- an introduction to the planning regime and framework associated with HS2 Phase 1;
- an understanding of the next steps for HS2 and timescales for the initial enabling and construction works;
- an appreciation of some of the strategic and logistical challenges associated with planning and constructing a major infrastructure project;
- an insight into the vision for the new Curzon Street Station - how Birmingham City Council is seeking to capitalise on the regenerative opportunities presented by HS2 in the city through the Curzon Masterplan and other initiatives;
- Q&A with planners actively involved in the delivery of HS2 Phase One and the regeneration projects associated with it.
This is a free event for young planners but places are limited and must be booked in advance.
Please book below. If you have any problems in booking please contact firstname.lastname@example.org