Thursday, 09 August 2018 at 5:30PM
Falkirk Steeple, High St, Falkirk, FK1 1NW
What is Falkirk Townscape Heritage Initiative?
The Falkirk THI is now in the final months of its final 4th year of delivery. Come along for an early evening walk round the town centre to see and hear about the improvements. Falkirk THI is a grant-giving programme that helps communities to regenerate Conservation Areas. Grants are given to local property owners, businesses and organisations to allow them to carry our high-quality repairs and other works to historic properties and public realm within the THI area. Improvements to date include:
- Repair and restoration of the area’s important historic buildings including the famous Steeple;
- Improvements to the public realm;
- Restoration of shopfronts to their traditional design;
- Bringing vacant historic floorspace back into use;
- Engagement with the community and help local people learn more about their heritage; and
- Provide training and job opportunities linked to the conservation of traditional buildings and historic environments.
Falkirk THI is jointly funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), Historic Environment Scotland, Falkirk Council, and the Falkirk BID.
We will meet at Falkirk Steeple, Falkirk High Street, FK1 1NW at 5.30pm.
The High Street is a short 5 min walk from Grahamston station, and around 15 mins walk from Falkirk High. Further details will be sent prior to the event. The tours will be led by Julia NG, THI Project Officer and Pete Reid, Falkirk Council Growth and Investment Manager.
We will reconvene at the newly-refurbished Active Travel Hub for some light refreshments, where we will speak to representatives from Forth Environment Link, and have a Q&A session will tour leaders. The event should conclude around 8pm.
Free to RTPI members
£5 for non-RTPI members to cover catering costs.
To book or for more info please email Alex Lewis, Central Chapter Convenor Alexandra.email@example.com.