Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 10:00AM
The Mount Business & Conference Centre, 2 Woodstock Link, Belfast, BT6 8DD
How are you putting your Local Development Plan together?
Opening with an update from the Department for Infrastructure, including presentations on the impact of Brexit negotiations on Local Development Plans in Northern Ireland and examples of cross-boundary working among councils in Northern Ireland, this briefing will bring together specialists from different sectors, who will tackle hot topics in planning for the year ahead, challenging the status quo in different manners.
We encourage you to get involved and prepare challenging questions for the panel discussions.
Through a combination of input from expert speakers and discussion, you will:
- Hear about developments on key topics within Local Plans
- Keep up to date on guidance for local plan preparation
- Learn how to ensure Local Plans are deliverable
- Hear how Community Plans and Local Plans interrelate
- Explore housing delivery – how will we meet housing targets?
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Communication, mediation and negotiation skills
Past delegates said...
- "It was a very well balanced course" (Local plans: future direction 06.02.18)
- "Good range of approachable, well informed speakers" (Local plans: future direction 06.02.18)
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking, please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports the following: