Wednesday, 11 October 2017 at 10:00AM
Weston Homes Community Stadium, Mile End, Colchester CO4 5UP, UK
Book before 8 September 2017 to obtain the discounted Early bird rate
This conference will look at the progress, challenges and practice of planning for the new generation Garden Communities featuring in many emerging Local Plans throughout the country in an effort to meet the challenging growth targets and delivering sustainable development.
It will focus on learning from the North Essex Garden Communities as the largest and most advanced currently being planned. It will share lessons on early planning, joint working, delivery mechanisms, funding and governance as well as planning process and procedures and the many challenges facing the alignment of three Local Plans all incorporating a common strategic plan.
Finally it will explore some master planning considerations / issues including where to start with proposals of such significant scale with a particular focus on what makes the garden communities different.
A key theme throughout is to focus on the differences from planning, governance, funding to delivery.
- David Ames, Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation
- Katy Lock, TCPA
- Cllr John Spence, Essex County Council and Chairman of the NEGC Board
- Ian Vipond, Colchester Borough Council
- Sir Brian Briscoe, Garden City Developments
- Senior Representative of NEGC (name to be confirmed)
- John Walker, Garden City Developments
- Rob Smith, Hyas Associates
- Lawrence Revill, David Lock Associates
DON'T FORGET - if booking before 8 September 2017 you can obtain the early bird rate
For more information, please contact the Regional Co-ordinator at email@example.com