The President's Special Award recognises long term outstanding achievement in planning. The award is made to a planning organisation, team, office, or individual to recognise their contribution to planning achievement. The award is made at the discretion of the President.
First awarded by Kevin Murray in 2000, the President's Special Award is not necessarily given every year.
The full list of awards is as follows:
- 2000: Birmingham City Council
- 2001: The Planning Inspectorate
- 2002: No Award
- 2003: The Town & Country Planning Association
- 2004: No Award
- 2005: No Award
- 2006: Planning Magazine
- 2007: The Accredited Planning Schools
- 2008: Planning Summer School
- 2009: The Active Members of the RTPI
- 2010: Commonwealth Association of Planners (CAP)
- 2011: Northern Ireland Planning Service
- 2013/14: The Olympic Delivery Authority and The London Legacy Development Corporation
- 2014/15: Dublin Institute of Technology
- 2015/16: RTPI Young Planners
During the Young Planners Conferece in Belfast, Janet Askew, RTPI Past President, presented the President's Special Award for Planning Achievement 2015 to the RTPI Young Planners. Read more about their award here.