Core CPD Framework:
- Planning Law & Process
- Diversity, Inclusion & Professional Ethics
- 7 CPD Hours
Planning enforcement is the foundation on which the rest of the planning system is built. Without it, carefully crafted Local Plans, beautifully designed developments and expertly considered planning decisions are all weakened.
This Masterclass aimed at those who already work within or have some experience and knowledge of planning enforcement. This Masterclass explores the role of a planning enforcement officer, and the tools and processes of the job.
If you are new to enforcement, please start with your learning journey with the Introduction to enforcement CPD Masterclass designed for beginners. Please check the training calendar for upcoming dates.
- By the end of this Masterclass, you will learn how to choose the most appropriate sources of information and integrate the findings to investigate breaches of planning control
- The Masterclass will enable you to evaluate the options for action in response to a breach of planning control and formulate the most effective way forward (including choosing the most appropriate Notice
- You will consider how to ensure a Notice is properly drafted and served as well as looking at grounds for appeal and prosecution.
Trainer: Helen Davies, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
Read the trainer's blog here: Enforcement.... a springboard to a successful and varied career in planning (and beyond?)
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 8 February 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 20 March 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400