Core CPD Framework:
- Business Planning & Management
- Championing Planning
- 7 CPD hours
Develop your written communication skills as a planner and enhance your professional reputation. You will practice how to compose your written content effectively and adapt to the situation, medium and audience.
This practical Masterclass is suitable for planners at all levels and highly recommended for planners at the early stage of their professional career, for planners returning to work and support officers and administrators working alongside with urban planners.
- You will practice how to write your text for clarity and impact
- Emphasise your content, so readers will be able to extract information at speed
- Develop your layout to maximise your impact
- Apply good practice writing techniques across your everyday communications
Trainer: Mandy Pearse, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
Read the trainer's blog: You are being watched - communication skills development for planners
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 20 December 2023
- Live Interactive Webinar: 30 January 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400