Core CPD Framework:
- Diversity, Inclusion & Professional Ethics
- Planning Law & Process
- 7 CPD hours
Planning enforcement is the foundation on which the rest of the planning system is built. Without it, carefully crafted Local Plans, beautifully designed developments and expertly considered planning decisions are all weakened.
This Masterclass is aimed at those who are new to planning enforcement. The Masterclass will provide you with an overview of what planning enforcement is, why it is important, and the role it plays within the overall planning system.
If you already have some experience in enforcement, we recommend booking our other Masterclass ‘The Enforcement Handbook’, that will go deeper into the role of planning enforcement officers, their tools and processes for the job. Please check the training calendar for upcoming dates.
- By the end of this introductory Masterclass, you will know how to undertake safe and effective site visits, what tools and methods to use for investigating cases
- The Masterclass will enable you to understand the process of identifying whether something is a breach of planning control and what action would be the most appropriate to take
- You develop your understanding about the use of formal Notices and how the prosecution action steps work within the planning enforcement
Trainer: Helen Davies, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
Read the trainer's blog here: Enforcement.... a springboard to a successful and varied career in planning (and beyond?)
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 4 January 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 14 February 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400