Core CPD Framework:
- Climate Change & Environmental Planning
- Championing Planning
- 7 CPD hours
Understand how planners can help to achieve challenging local and national targets for carbon reduction. How town planning can shape the type and location of development, and remodelling towns and cities to make them greener, more energy efficient, and geared to movement on foot, bicycle or public transport.
This Masterclass is designed to be useful for all those working in the planning field, irrespective of background qualifications and level of experience.
- Define ‘carbon net zero’ and related concepts such as ‘carbon neutrality’ and ‘climate emergency’
- Review the related policy drivers including the translation of national targets into local level action
- Explore the role of planning including policy formulation, site identification and development management
- Examine and discuss practical application of the net zero concept, with reference to a planning related case study examples
Trainer: Joanna Wright, click the link to find out more about the trainer and the Masterclass.
CPD Masterclass structure:
You will start with the Self-guided Learning that consists of Trainer’s video presentations and exercises on the RTPI Learn platform. This flexible learning prepares you for the Live Interactive Webinar with your Expert Trainer to address your questions and for the discussions with your peers. The Self-guided Learning section will take at least 4 hours to complete. The Joining Instructions are sent on the day that the Self-guided Learning opens, or after your booking has been processed, if booked after the Self-guided Learning start date.
- Self-guided Learning opens for you from 22 February 2024
- Live Interactive Webinar: 3 April 2024 (14:00 to 16:30)
Masterclass booking guidance
- RTPI Members have to log into their RTPI account to make the booking
- Booking for non-members can be done as a group booking by their administrators
- If your organisation is not registered on the RTPI system, it will need to be done by contacting the finance team: [email protected]
- Invoice bookings are available, if the organisation is the fee payer
- Please check our Booking FAQs for more information
- All our online Masterclasses are recorded by default
- If you need further assistance with your booking, email [email protected] or contact us on 020 7929 8400