Core CPD Framework:
- Climate Change & Environmental Planning
- Championing Planning
CPD Masterclass structure
This Masterclass will be delivered over an eight-week period, with two interactive webinars and learning resources hosted on our RTPI Learn platform:
- Part One webinar: Wednesday, 9 November 2022 from 13:30 to 16:30
- Part Two webinar: Thursday, 8 December 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00
We will send you an invitation to the Masterclass a week before Part One, inviting you to take part in some pre-work activity.
All our Masterclasses include principles of climate action, and equity, diversity, and inclusion.
To understand the broad context, principles and practices of a carbon net zero planning environment
- Define ‘carbon net zero’ and related concepts such as ‘carbon neutrality’ and ‘climate emergency’
- Review the related policy drivers including the translation of national targets into local level action
- Explore the role of planning including policy formulation, site identification and development management
- Examine and discuss practical application of the net zero concept, with reference to a planning related case study examples