Core CPD Framework:
- Development & Infrastructure Planning
- Business Planning & Management
CPD Masterclass structure
This Masterclass will be delivered over an eight-week period, with two interactive webinars and learning resources hosted on our RTPI Learn platform:
- Part One webinar: Thursday, 10 February 2022 from 13:30 to 16:30
- Part Two webinar: Tuesday, 12 April 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00
We will send you an invitation to the Masterclass a week before Part One, inviting you to take part in some pre-work activity.
All our Masterclasses include principles of climate action, and equity, diversity, and inclusion.
To give a basic understanding of development economics and how these are captured through viability appraisal.
- Different types of development and developers
- Synchronising developer and local authority aspirations
- Developer risks and risk management
- Explanation of build costs and how costs are established
- Housing and Commercial development – revenues and data sources
- Main types of development finance
- Special challenges of brownfield land
- Appraisal methods and tools