The Planner Live North - Collaboration, Competition and Community
Tuesday 19 March, 10.00am - 4.30pm - Hotel Football, Manchester
Current economic forces tend to drive inequality and divisions in society. This has been particularly acute when looking at intra-regional divisions across the North both between and within communities. In this conference we pose the question: “How would a rejuvenated planning system help reduce division, increase collaboration and assist in delivering sustainable development without inhibiting natural competition between communities?”
Examining how these elements help drive policy at pan-regional, town, city and neighbourhood levels, the conference will enable delegates to share experiences and participate in new RTPI research on the development of a renewed Strategic Planning Approach for the North of England.
- Planning for the North
- Collaboration or Competition - achieving success
- Strategic Planning - an unmet need?
- Northern Stories: A narrative for people and place
- Collaboration -Partnership working and best practice - how to achieve success.
- Competition - beyond and within the north
- Best practice in community engagement - what does it look like and how do we achieve results?
- Strategic approaches to delivering development
- Strategic approaches to delivering environmental benefits
Book your ticket here
Kindly sponsored by
Hotel Football is a 3 minute walk from The Wharfside tram stop or a 10 minute walk from Old Trafford tram stop. Metrolink is connected to mainline railway stations Manchester Piccadilly and Victoria.
Catch up on the social media activity from the event at #PlannerLiveNorth