Wednesday, 05 June 2019 at 9:30AM
Jurys Inn, Western Way, Exeter EX1 2DB, UK
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This key masterclass is built around the procedural steps a local planning authority undertakes in enabling and reviewing the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process. It will enable you to identify which developments need EIA, the topics to be scoped and covered, and will teach you how to identify and assess significant environmental effects of the proposals. The EIA process can feel complex and so this masterclass is designed to provide you with the knowledge and understanding needed to approach each step with confidence.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Build your confidence across the EIA process
- Enhance your understanding of the EIA Regulations and the formal screening and scoping stages
- Gain valuable hints and tips around the Environmental Statement and decision notice
- Recognise the need for proportionate assessment and mitigation practice
Core CPD Framework:
- Environmental Planning
- Planning Law and Process
Our trainer - Josh Fothergill
Josh is a Fellow of IEMA and a Chartered Environmentalist. At IEMA, he led the direction of UK EIA practice for the last decade, influencing the expert requirements in the 2014 amendments to the EIA Directive and creating the EIA Quality Mark scheme, which won a global impact assessment award in 2012. Josh researched and authored the State of EIA Practice in the UK (2011) and the UK’s Proportionate EIA Strategy (2017), and has co-authored EIA guidance on topics from influencing design and effective Non-Technical Summaries to health, noise and climate change.
Past delegates said...
- "Josh is very knowledgeable and brought a wealth of experience to the training" (Environmental Impact Assessments 28.02.18)
- "I enjoyed the interaction and open discussions as people were able to ask questions throughout. It allowed us all to learn from others experiences" (Environmental Impact Assessments 06.03.18)
- "The whole EIA process was covered, both from a developer and planning officer perspective."(Environmental Impact Assessments 10.10.18)
This course compliments the RTPI Learn module Planning for Climate Change.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports:
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.