The RTPI is a great resource for you to use while at university but also throughout your career in planning.
Top tips to use the RTPI in your studies:
- Look at our website to see our work on particular planning topics.
- Find out what projects we are working on
- Reference our publications in your assignments.
- Start creating your network by meeting planners at RTPI events
- Understand how government policies can impact planning through our briefings
- Look at the consultations we have responded to across the RTPI Nations and Regions and read the open consultations. How would you respond?
Make sure that you are a RTPI student member - free to join
More information on student membership and how to join can be found on our membership pages.
Join an RTPI Network
You should get involved with the Young Planners Network in your area. The Young Planners network is made up of planners within the first 10 years of their careers so many of them will have graduated recently and can give you some helpful advice.
Listen to RTPI podcasts on policy, practice and research
Find out more from RTPI staff and guest speakers on the key projects we have been working on e.g. Location of Development podcast.
Stay up to date with international activities by following @internatRTPI or listen to international themed podcasts e.g. Delivering Better Development podcast.