This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best possible experience. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with this. You can find out more about how we use cookies here. If you would like to know more about cookies, or how you can delete them, click here.

Do you need employment law advice?

There are times in your career when you may need independent employment law advice.

Your employer may be considering review of employment contracts; you may need advice regarding maternity or paternity rights; you might be concerned about potential redundancies.

The RTPI members employment law helpline will provide access to free confidential and informal advice.

You may want to check your personal insurance policies. Some insurers offer a range of other products that you can add to your home contents policy, such as income protection and help with legal fees, should a proposed redundancy result in you considering possible action against your employer.

Other sources of information include: 

  • Trade Unions: If you are a member of a trade union then contact them as soon as possible, Unions are almost always consulted by employers when there is a potential redundancy situation, and they may be able to offer additional guidance.

Please note the RTPI is not responsible for the content of external websites.