You can make a very real and lasting impact on peoples' lives.
What do Town Planners do?
Planning covers a very broad area, so the work is varied. Depending on the job role, it may include:
- designing new towns or villages
- improving communities and the environment
- writing and explaining regulations and rules
- protecting buildings that are of historical and architectural importance
- ensuring that suitable land becomes available for development and supporting business and jobs
What does it take to be a Town Planner?
- A keen interest in improving places for people to live and work
- Creative thinking, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills to help you work with a diverse range of people
- A commitment to professional standards, ethics, sustainability and social inclusion
Interested? Learn about your next steps to a career in town planning.