RTPI Scotland today (18 September) welcomed the Planning Minister Derek Mackay's parliamentary update on planning reform in Scotland.
Bob Reid, RTPI Scotland's Convenor, said: \"RTPI Scotland is pleased that the Planning Minister's statement clearly demonstrates a commitment to planning and its vital role in delivering ambitions for sustainable economic growth and creating quality places.\"
He added: \"We welcome the Scottish Government's commitment to producing a 3rd National Planning Framework and can see the merit in reviewing Scottish Planning Policy at the same time. These documents will have important roles in shaping our places and communities for many years to come. Given this, Scottish Government must ensure that they are truly cross cutting so that they integrate other strategies and influence investment and infrastructure decisions. This will support the planning system to provide certainty for developers, investors and communities so we can create great places for people.\"
RTPI Scotland will engage fully and constructively with the Government by:
- responding to the policy consultations;
- generating debate within the planning and built environment professions;
- promoting discussion and analysis in the Scottish Forum for Planning, which brings together key stakeholders;
- participating in the Advisory Group for National Planning Framework 3 which it sits on; and,
- exploring the possibility of generating discussion amongst MSPs and Councillors through its Politicians in Planning Association and the Scottish Parliament Cross Party Group on Architecture and the Built Environment.
The Government's press release and Ministerial statement can be found here.
Link to the Scottish Government's National Planning Framework 3 can be found here.
Details of the review can be found here.