RTPI representative on the Right to Build Task Force Board
The Right to Build Task Force has been established by the National Custom and Self Build Association to help Local Authorities, community groups and other organisations across the UK to deliver large, affordable custom and self-build projects. The Task Force is led by a Director, supported by a pool of Task Force Experts and a Task Force Manager. It also has an Ambassador who, along with his Deputy Ambassadors, will champion the Task Force at political and community level.
The Task Force supports a range of public and private sector organisations across the UK to bring forward Custom and Self Build housing strategies and projects. The Task Force is available to give tailored expert advice on a range of issues to suit an organisation's specific needs. The task force will get a significant proportion of its income through advising councils, landowners and developers on strategic site planning and delivery
For more information click here.
To attend around 4 Task Force Board meetings a year in London and to read papers beforehand. (Expenses are paid by RTPI.)
To assist in ensuring that the task force staff and activities are achieving the purposes set out in the business plan
To contribute to the formulation of future business plans.
This volunteer role would be for a two year period initially and the person will need to report to the RTPI Policy Practice and Research Committee at least annually on the progress of the Task Force.
- Corporate member of the RTPI with strong practitioner experience
- Sympathy with the aim of increasing the output of the custom and self-build sector
- Experience of taking strategic sites through the planning process
- Self-build or custom build planning experience
- Community housing and/or neighbourhood planning experience.
- Experience or at least familiarity with working in planning in more than one UK jurisdiction
- Experience of board membership
To apply: send a CV and a covering letter to:-
email@example.com by 9am Friday 9 August 2019.