Help shape the future of RTPI, put yourself or fellow member forward for Elections 2019
I invite you to get involved in shaping the future of the Institute by putting yourself forward to be the change you want to see by joining our Board or General Assembly (GA).
Elections for a number of posts* take place each autumn, presenting all our members with a great opportunity to get more involved in the running of the Institute on many different levels.
The roles subject to election for a two-year term (1 January 2020 - 31 December 2021) are:
14 Chartered Members
1 Legal Member/Legal Associate
Board of Trustees:
Vice-President for 2020 (will become President in 2021)
- Open to Chartered Members (FRTPI/MRTPI) - Vice-President role description
- Must have held office in any capacity within the RTPI's Governance Structure for at least two consecutive years during the previous 5 years
Honorary Secretary and Solicitor
Nations and Regions Trustee
- Open to Chartered Members (FRTPI/MRTPI) - Nations and Regions Trustee role description
- Must be a Nations/Regions Representative on the GA (excluding Scotland)
- Nomination must be supported by at least two other Regional Representatives
3 Chartered Trustees – Corporate
Young Planners Trustee
- Open to Young Planners (with no more than 10 years post-qualification) - Young Planners role description
- Nomination shall be supported by at least four other Chartered Members, Students or Licentiates
Why stand for election?
With the relaunched 2020-2030 Corporate Strategy, it's an exciting time to get involved in the RTPI. Do you want to help define our priorities and contribute to our continued success? Do you want to be challenged, rewarded and broaden your planning experience? Do you want the opportunity to contribute to the big discussions, debates and decisions that impact the planning profession?
Being a Trustee or a member of our GA is your chance to make a difference and influence the future direction of the RTPI. It will support your career development and give you the chance to work with a wide range of new colleagues.
Want to know more? Find out how the RTPI governance structure works here.
Don't miss this opportunity to help shape the future of the RTPI – put yourself or a fellow member forward for the elections.
Specific guidance on each role and time commitments will be published shortly.
Timelines for the elections:
- Nominations: 12 June – 14 July
- Voting: 27 August – 26 September
- Candidates notified of results – first week of October
- Candidates asked to express interest in serving on a RTPI Committee for 2020: 7 October – 30 November
- Induction of successful candidates – 10 December
Please note the above timelines and look out for the nominations email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact Sukhpreet Bhatia, Governance Manager – email@example.com
With best wishes,
Victoria Hills MRTPI FICE
* GA representatives for English Regions, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland are appointed separately through RTPI regional and national elections