RTPI Yorkshire runs a wide range of events to support your learning needs. We are always looking for new ideas and suggestion for events so please get in touch with your Regional Co-ordinator if there are topics you would like to see covered.
Our main event programmes are:
- shorter evening or half day seminars with the Yorkshire Practice Seminars (YPS).
The RTPI's Priorities for Continuing Professional Development
Eight priority areas of knowledge and skills have been identified by the RTPI to help our members plan their CPD and meet the challenges facing planners.
- Understanding and practicing in a market economy
- Health and inclusive planning
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Understanding land as a resource
- Communication, mediation and negotiation
- Effective decision making
- Management and business skills
We have reviewed our members learning and practice needs. We have spoken to our members, collated feedback from attendees at our events, surveyed employers, and examined the results, alongside recommendations from our policy and research work.
If you want to know more about the wide range of resources the RTPI has on each of its priorities please see the dedicated section on the RTPI website at www.rtpi.org.uk/cpdpriorities.
Chartered planners are required to do at least 50 hours of CPD in each 2 year period. For more information visit: www.rtpi.org.uk/cpdpriorities