YPwestmids is the activity group (part of the Young Planners Network and attached to the RTPI West Midlands Region) which aims to provide a forum within which aspiring young planners in the area can develop their interest in planning. As young planners ourselves, we feel that we have a very important role to play in promoting planning to people during all stages of their careers. We have previously run a number of successful events, and this year we aim to provide:
- A point of contact to Young Planners of the West Midlands;
- Presentations at Universities of the role of planning;
- Social events including drinks nights, BBQs, pub quizzes in a range of locations across the West Midlands;
- A seminar on a topic of interest in planning;
- And many more activities!
We would welcome and be pleased to respond to any enquiries you may have! Also please send us an email if you would like to be updated on future social events organised by our group or if you would like to be involved with the running of our group.
The YPwestmids Chair is Rosie Cotterill.
The group can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be added to the mailing list please complete the online form
The journey begins - an update on HS2
- Wednesday 7 February 2018
- Snow Hill, Birmingham
- 5.30pm - 7.00pm
- Book here
Speakers: James Mumby, Town Planning Manager Phase One Directorate (Area North) & Gary Woodward, Development Planning Manager (City Centre Team), Birmingham City Council.
This evening seminar will provide delegates with an update on HS2 including:
- an introduction to the planning regime and framework associated with HS2 Phase 1;
- an understanding of the next steps for HS2 and timescales for the initial enabling and construction works;
- an appreciation of some of the strategic and logistical challenges associated with planning and constructing a major infrastructure project;
- an insight into the vision for the new Curzon Street Station - how Birmingham City Council is seeking to capitalise on the regenerative opportunities presented by HS2 in the city through the Curzon Masterplan and other initiatives;
- Q&A with planners actively involved in the delivery of HS2 Phase One and the regeneration projects associated with it.
This is a free event for young planners but places are limited and must be booked in advance. Book now