Our work is managed through the Scottish Executive Committee (SEC) and implemented by the Director and staff team based at the Edinburgh office. The SEC's remit includes:
- developing the Institute's position on planning policy in Scotland
- supporting members in their professional activities
- working with the seven regional Chapters and the Scottish Young Planners' Group
- coordinating the Institute's programme of national events in Scotland
The SEC is represented on the RTPI's General Assembly, committees and panels. The people who sit on the SEC in 2017 are:
Stefano Smith, Convenor
Fraser Carlin, Senior Vice Convenor
Julia Frost, Junior Vice Convenor
Nick Wright, Immediate Past Convenor
Trustee for Scotland
Elected for 2017: Barbara Cummins, Richard Heggie, Graham Marchbank, Irene Beautyman, John McCarthy
Elected for 2017/18: Tammy Adams, Lesley Martin, Jill Paterson
Student/ LIcentiate Representative
Central: Alexandra Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
Dumfries and Galloway: Patrick Hanna/ Shona McCoy email@example.com
East Scotland: Neil Gray firstname.lastname@example.org
South East Scotland: Samantha Jackson email@example.com
Grampian: David Dunne firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlands and Islands: Scott Dalgarno email@example.com
West of Scotland: Michelle McGuckin firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Planning Consultants Forum - Stuart Salter
Scottish Young Planners Network - Lesley McVeigh
Scottish Planning Skills Forum - Kevin Murray
The Scottish Executive Committee has a Planning Policy Sub Committee and a Communications, Education and Lifelong Learning Sub Committee.
Planning Policy Sub Committee
The purpose of the Planning Policy Sub Committee is to act as an advisory board to the SEC on planning policy matters with the following specific remit:
- To implement and review the Planning Policy workplan agreed by the SEC for the year.
- To react to Scottish planning policy issues as they arise during the year, and take a proactive approach to anticipating them.
- To promote Scottish planning policy issues at a strategic level within the Institute.
The Sub Committee is Chaired by Fraser Carlin.
Communications, Education and Lifelong Learning Sub Committee
This sub-Committee is to oversee the Communications Strategy, to advise on events, lifelong learning and training needs in Scotland and on internal communication issues for members in Scotland. The subcommittee aims to advise and assist on:
- RTPI Scotland's communications strategy including advising on the design and promotion of events, publications and research; media relations, public relations and joint communications with partner organisations; and communications with members in Scotland.
- the development of and arrangements for the RTPI Scotland's programme of annual events.
- the topics to be considered by the Scottish Planner.
- on planning education and lifelong learning in Scotland in liaison with the RTPI's Education and Lifelong Learning Committee and the Scottish Planning Skills Forum
- training and courses in which RTPI Scotland is involved.
The Sub Committee is Chaired by Julia Frost.