The RTPI's international outreach recognises the work of planners worldwide who apply professional principles and who help to create sustainable places to live.
In 2014, we celebrated the good that planning does around the world in our RTPI booklet The Worldwide Value of Planning.
On 4 November 2015 (21.30 UTC) at the World Town Planning Day Online Conference, we launched our brand new publication Delivering Better Development. This international publication is aimed at non-planners including politicians, leaders, architects, engineers, environmentalists and those interested in studying planning. It explains the roles, skills and sectors where planners work worldwide! Delivering Better Development was written by the RTPI's International Policy and Research Officer, with input from the Global Planners Network.
In summary our International outreach and activities include:
- Five per cent of our 23,000 members live and work overseas;
- we accredit planning courses in other countries,
- we are active in international planning organisations
- we help to arrange the annual World Town Planning Day Conference
- we have an International Committee and a dedicated International Policy and Research Officer
- we are a gateway to international planning information and share this through our International Development Network Bulletin.