The Annual Wales Planning Enforcement Conference was held in Llandrindod Wells on 26 September 2012. This popular event, attended by 85 delegates, was supported by POSW and organised by RTPI Cymru. The venue was provided by Powys County Council. The Conference was chaired by Justina Moss, Vale of Glamorgan Council, who is the Wales NAPE representative.
Presentations from the Conference are available to download below.
- Peter Burley, Chief Planning Inspector for PINS, discussed getting the notice right. Peter's presentation referred to a model notice which can be downloaded here.
- Morag Ellis QC provided an update from the Courts relating to enforcement activities.
- Jonathan Parsons and Osian Roberts of Bridgend County Borough Council presented two case studies drawing out experiences unauthorised buildings in the countryside & impact on protected species.
- Ian Horsburgh outlined work supporting gypsy and traveller communities in enforcement cases. He referred to a publication available from the Welsh Government's website to support gypsy and traveller groups.
- Liam Jones of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority discussed a case study relating to seasonal portacabins in the countryside.