This year's RTPI Cymru Seminar on 6 August 2010 to celebrate the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol, held at Ebbw Vale, was themed around regeneration. The theme reflected the site of this year's Eisteddfod, at the major regeneration project on the former steelworks site at Ebbw Vale.
The seminar heard from a mix of regeneration projects, including area based schemes, specific individual projects and about the role transport plays in regional regeneration.
- Croeso ac Amlinelliad o CREW – Cadeirydd – Sioned Hughes, Cyfarwyddydd Polisi a Menter Cymdeithasol / Welcome and an Outline of CREW – Chair – Sioned Hughes, Director of Policy and Social Enterprise, Community Housing Cymru
- Ardal Arfordirol Gogledd Cymru – Wyn Roberts, Cyfarwyddwr Rhaglen, Adfywio Arfordir Gogledd Cymru, Llywodraeth Cynulliad Cymru / North Wales Coastal Area – Wyn Roberts, Programme Director, North Wales Coast Regeneration, Welsh Assembly Government
- Galluogi Datblygu Integredig: Astudiaeth Achos o Portishead – Kedrick Davies, Cyfarwyddwr, CDN Planning / Enabling Integrated Development: A Case Study from Portishead – Kedrick Davies, Director, CDN Planning - Note: to see the speaker notes, click on the small brown icon in the top left corner of the slides (not all slides have notes)
- Hanes o Ben-y-bont ar Ogwr – Delyth Webb, Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr / A Tale from Bridgend – Delyth Webb, Bridgend County Borough Council
- O Ddur i Dir Newydd: Ailddatblygu Gweithfeydd Glynebwy – Sheila Holmes, Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Blaenau Gwent / Transition from Steel: Redevelopment of the Ebbw Vale Works – Sheila Holmes, Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council - Presentation to follow
- Asesiad Effaith Galeri, Caernarfon – Hefin Thomas, Arad Consulting / The Impact of Galeri, Caernarfon - Hefin Thomas, Arad Consulting
- Rôl Trafnidiaeth wrth Gyflwyno Adfywiad – Yr Athro Stuart Cole, Canolfan Ymchwil Trafnidiaeth Cymru / Transport’s Role in Delivering Regeneration – Professor Stuart Cole, Wales Transport Research Centre
RTPI Cymru would like to thank all the speakers for their excellent presentations and to Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council for hosting the seminar.
Further information about the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol is available from the Eisteddfod's website.