Contact the Membership Team if you have any questions about the following.
You can resign your membership any time by completing the resignation from membership form [LINKTO: http://rtpi.org.uk/media/11553/resignation_2009.pdf] and return it to usthe Membership Team [LINK TO: email@example.com]. You will have to pay any subscription arrears before being reinstated.
Lapse of membership
We will remove your name from our members' registerthe Register of Members if you do not pay your full subscription after a final reminder. You must also pay any subscription arrears before being reinstated.
Suspending your membership
You cannot ask to be suspended from your membership but we can suspend you as a disciplinary action. During your suspension, all membership privileges will be temporarily withdrawn but you must continue to pay your fees.
Expelling your membership
We can immediately terminate your membership as an appropriate disciplinary action. You must pay all arears up to your termination date before being reinstated. We will also decide when we will allow you to be reinstated.
We will close down your membership immediately once we've verified that death has occurred. Your executor can apply for a monthly pro-rata reimbursement of your unused subscription.
Taking a break from membership
We do not allow members to take a break from their membership role. But you can:
• resign to be reinstate later, or
• take a leave of absence but solely at our discretion
Contact the Membership Team for more details.
To be reinstated to your former membership class, you must:
- complete a reinstatement application form
- show that you have at least 25 hours of continuing professional development over 18 months before you applied (licentiate, student and retired class members are excluded)
- pay all of your subscription fees
- pay the reinstatement administration fee (licentiate and student members are exempt)