The Subscriptions Team should be contacted if a member wishes to pursue the scheme detailed below. The Subscription Team undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of any information given and this will not be disclosed to any third party.
The scheme is designed to help those members who find themselves with a sudden significant reduction in income.
The Subscription Team will issue the 2017 Subscription Concession Claim Form for the member to complete. The form does not need to be returned to the Subscriptions Team until 31 May 2017. In the meantime the member is not required to make any payment, will not incur any late payment charges and will not have any change in status or benefits of membership.
The Subscriptions Team will then write to the member sometime in June or July to confirm the reduced subscription and agree how and when payment should be made.
The form is not for the use of those members who:
- have voluntarily given up their main source of income, except for voluntary redundancy or if personal circumstances are preventing them from working
- have started maternity leave during the period 1 January 2016 to 30 June 2017
On the form, the member is asked to indicate the reason why they are making this claim.
They will then be asked to select a six month period between 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017. The member then calculates their income from all sources which includes:
- Own net salary/wages
- Unemployment benefit
- Disability, sickness and other state benefits, including income support, housing benefit, etc
- Private insurance
- Interest on bank & building society accounts and dividends
- Any other income, but not including any final redundancy payment
If this income is above £12,050 then this form will not provide the member any reduction of their subscription. They should contact the Subscriptions Team to discuss further.
The member's subscription fee will be:
- reduced by 30% if less than £12,050 and more than £9,050
- reduced by 60% if less than £9,050 and more than £4,500
- set to £53 if less than £4,500.
The member could be asked to provide evidence.