Tuesday, 23 October 2018 at 9:30AM
The Mount Business & Conference Centre, 2 Woodstock Link, Belfast BT6 8DD, UK
This unique masterclass gives you a rare perspective into the life of a developer, how the development industry works and in particular how to value development land. This masterclass uses a mix of techniques and exercises to help you think like a land buyer. Enjoy a varied day and discover the practical application of development economics.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Learn the language of development, the different types/sources of finance/contingency and profit
- Learn more about viability assessment, property valuation and assessing sales value, whilst understanding build costs
- Gain practical experience of designing a scheme, understand the risks including loss and profit
- Get insight into the timings of developing a scheme and implications when delays occur
- Gain valuable insight into the process of development – this will help you to negotiate successful outcomes
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Understanding and practicing in a market economy
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Communication, mediation and negotiation skills
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate members and concessions. If you are having difficulties booking or are a student, unemployed or retired RTPI member, please contact us to book on 020 7929 8400.
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.