Thursday, 18 October 2018 at 9:30AM
Etc venues, Bishopsgate Court, 4-12 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ, UK
This Briefing will explore the complex situation we are in regarding our housing provision. The Government has given a clear goalpost for housing delivery in England – how will we build 1.5 million homes by 2022, including at least 10% affordable homes? How will the new housing need assessment and delivery test enable growth? Come along and hear some solutions.
Through a combination of input from expert speakers and discussion, you will:
- Be up to date on affordable housing policies and learn about practical delivery mechanisms
- Understand what needs to be in place to meet the ambitious housing delivery target
- Gain insight on what this means for planners. How many planning permissions will need to be in place?
- Hear about what infrastructure is needed to support this growth.
- Consider the five-year land supply, what are the issues and implications for delivering affordable housing?
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Understanding and practicing in a market economy
- Effective decision making
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate, Independent Consultants and concessions. To be eligible for the Independent Consultant rate, you need to be member of the Independent Consultants Network (ICN). For the RTPI concessions rate, you need to be a RTPI student, unemployed or retired member. You will need your membership number and password to book.
If you are having difficulties booking please contact us on 020 7929 8400 or email email@example.com.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports the following:
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.