Thursday, 08 November 2018 at 10:00AM
Somerset County Cricket Club, Taunton TA1 1JT, UK
We are an increasingly ageing and more sedentary population. In conjunction with Public Health England, this event will explore how planning can shape our environments to accommodate these changes and improve the experience of the world around us.
Speaker and topic include:
- Public Health England
- Public health and planning
- Health Impact Assessments, Policy & the Torbay experience
- The Torbay experience of delivering health through all aspects of spatial planning – what has worked well, what has not.
- What does ‘healthy planning’ specifically look like? What does the evidence tell us will improve health outcomes?
- What should we be aiming for? What can we do to measure and secure this through the planning process
Andy Gunther, Senior Planning and Public Health Officer at Torbay County Council
- Planning from another perspective – planning for those with disabilities
- The external and internal built environment
- Access and egress for all disabilities
- Signage, pathways, entrances, colour contrasts, surfaces, lighting.
- Training professional in the design and planning industry
- Working to the BS8300 specifications and Part M Building specifications
- Ascetics and design to ensure end build is practical and workable but not obvious as an adaptation
John Gillett, Wheely Independent
- How design has an impact on various disabilities and give a current perspective on a DM case.
Angharad Williams, Torbay Council
Ian Perry, Teignbridge District Council
- EngAgeNet – planning for older people and housing
- Dementia friendly planning
Claire Puckey, Dementia Friendly City Co-ordinator, Strategic Co-operative Commissioning at Plymouth City Council
- Public open space and planning
- Edible Landscapes (tackling poverty)
- Plus more.
Special Business General Meeting
The principal purpose of the SBGM is to report on the results of the Elections to the 2019 RTPI SW Regional Management Board and Regional Activities Committee and to appoint any new committee members to fill any vacancies at the meeting. The SBGM will take place before lunch during the conference. RTPI Members are welcome to attend the SBGM element for free. Please register attendance to Charlotte.Daborn@rtpi.org.uk
More information on the board and nominations
How to book
Follow the online booking links below - you can pay online or request an invoice. We ask that you try to complete the purchase order number field at point of booking or forward soon after.
For multiple bookings accross the 2018 programme, you may download the booking form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We now welcome exhibitors to showcase their firm, recent developments and to further engage with RTPI Members and professionals in planning. Please contact for further information.
0207 929 8190
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.