Wednesday, 30 May 2018 at 10:00AM -
Friday, 01 September 2017 at 4:00PM
Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, 16 St. Mary's Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SU, Scotland, UK
This briefing addresses RTPI’s hot topics for planners for the year ahead. Opening with an update from Scottish Government, including the implications of the planning review, followed by a briefing on the key developments in planning policy and practice. The RTPI will then outline its priorities for 2018, including how it will support members in an ever-changing planning environment and key developments in global issues.
Through a combination of input from expert speakers and discussion, you will:
- Hear how planners can respond to resourcing challenges while improving performance and delivery, and even how to promote more proactive and positive planning
- Gain insight into the current state of Brexit negotiations, and possible outcomes / impact on key legislation
- Hear about recent international agreements on climate change, urban development and sustainable goals and what this means for planners on the ground
- Have the opportunity to express your perspective and engage in discussions around these topics
This links to the following CPD Priorities:
- Delivering housing to meet national needs
- Understanding and working in a market economy
- Management and business skills
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate members and concessions. If you are having difficulties booking or are a student, unemployed or retired RTPI member, please contact us to book on 020 7929 8400.
The RTPI supports the adoption of all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals and this course specifically supports:
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.