Wednesday, 06 June 2018 at 10:00AM
Edinburgh Training and Conference Venue, 16 St Mary's St, Edinburgh EH1 1SU, Scotland, UK
This masterclass, designed to provide elected members, professionals working in place making, technicians, administrators and support staff, with an understanding of the planning system. Delegates will gain an invaluable insight into the planning system, the role of development management and the way decisions on individual planning applications are made either by the planning committee, by the officers under delegated powers or by planning reporters or Scottish Ministers on appeal.
Through a combination of expert trainer input, discussion and group work, you will:
- Gain a clear understanding on the importance and purpose of planning system
- Appreciate the wider context and gather insights into the legislative framework and guidance within which you are working
- Know what a planning application is and how a decision is made
- Be updated on the many changes proposed in the planning review.
Delegate numbers are restricted to enhance learning outcomes
This links to the following CPD Priority:
- Effective decision making
Please note there is limited availability for Licentiate members and concessions. If you are having difficulties booking or are a student, unemployed or retired RTPI member, please contact us to book on 020 7929 8400.
There was a problem reserving your event places.
Please contact us using the form below, or refresh the page and try again.
We apologise for any inconvenience.