Monday, 04 December 2017 at 1:00PM
University of Liverpool in London, 33 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1AG
RTPI-TPS Transport Planning Network email@example.com
The annual event from the Royal Town Planning Institute and the Transport Planning Society
By coordinating new development with sustainable transport infrastructure, planners can help to make towns and cities more economically productive, support urban regeneration, improve public health, reduce inequality, and contribute to the fight against climate change.
But despite these benefits, there is concern that too much new development is occurring in unsustainable locations, designed in ways that limit opportunities for travel by public transport, walking and cycling. Without a more integrated approach, we risk creating a number of long-term problems.
As government seeks to boost housing supply and economic growth, it is essential that policymakers, planners, developers and communities understand the need for sustainable travel - and have access to the best available evidence to show how spatial planning can achieve this.
This event will bring together speakers from a range of disciplines and organisations to explore the benefits of integrating spatial and transport planning, the costs of getting this wrong, and how evidence can be used in practice. This will include:
- Robin Miller-Stott, Senior Policy and Strategy Officer at Transport for the North
- Heather Pugh, Partner at David Lock Associates
- Dr Eime Tobari, Associate Director at Space Syntax
- Dr William Bird, CEO and Founder at Intelligent Health
- Keith Buchan, Director for Skills at the Transport Planning Society
- Peter Headicar, Associate, School of the Built Environment at Oxford Brookes University
- Susan Claris, Associate Director of Transport Consulting at Arup
- James Harris, Policy and Networks Manager at the RTPI
- Giles Perkins, Technical Director - Future Mobility at WSP
We hope you can join us for an exciting afternoon of discussion and debate, finishing with drinks, nibbles and networking overlooking London's Finsbury Square!
- - - Download the agenda - - -
If you have any questions or problems booking tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is kindly sponsored by WSP