Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 9:30AM
Spirella Building, Bridge Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 4ET, UK
See below for online booking with credit/debit card and to request an invoice. There are discounted fees for members of the RTPI. The early bird multiple booking discount finished on 7 October 2016.
Download the full programme of speakers here
A plan-led system remains at the heart of the National Planning Policy Framework, but the challenges associated with getting local plans adopted have perhaps never been greater.
Plan-makers find themselves caught between opposing forces. From Government is the drive for more housing. Whereas local politics is often dominated by concerns over funding infrastructure, ensuring education and healthcare services can cope, and safeguarding the countryside.
This one-day conference gathers together the perspectives and insights of leading practitioners. It will be of interest to policy makers, town planners and other built environment professionals.
- "The Problems and Diagnosis of the Plan-Making System" - David Coleman, Director, DAC Planning Consultancy
- "Round-up of the Local Plans Expert Panel's Findings and What the Government is Saying About the Recommendations" - Derek Stebbing, National Planning Policy Consultant and Member of the Local Plans Expert Panel
- "Lessons from the Maldon District Council Local Plan and a Legal View on the Way Ahead" - Robert Jameson, Attwaters Jameson Hill
- "The Nationwide Picture on Plan-Making and the Assistance Available to Local Authorities" - Martin Hutchings, Planning Advisory Service
- "What the House Building Industry Expects from Local Plans and What Can House Builders do to Help?" - James Stevens, Home Builders Federation Ltd.
- "Round-up on the Pitfalls, the Solutions, and General Tips on Negotiating the Planning System" - Derek Stebbing and John Dagg, Barrister, Trinity Chambers