Tuesday, 15 November 2016 at 10:00AM
Riddel Hall, Stranmillis Rd, Belfast BT9 5EE, UK
Discount Rate for RTPI Student, Licentiate or unwaged members and organisations booking 3 places will get a fourth place free (cheapest place is free)
The new planning landscape has been in place in Northern Ireland for over a year now and is settling down. Planning is in a position to deliver for Northern Ireland - it has the opportunity to demonstrate its value to local communities, delivering for Councils and for the Northern Ireland Assembly.
How can planning be delivered positively with reducing public budgets, to deliver aspirations in Northern Ireland. The inaugural Northern Ireland Planning Conference will discuss many questions, explore solutions and hear about good practice. We will hear from within Northern Ireland and beyond.
The programme includes:
- Chris Hazzard MLA, Minister for Infrastructure
- Trudi Elliott, RTPI Chief Executive– The Value of Planning
- Kevin Murray, Kevin Murray Associates - Who leads Planning?
- Rob Cowan, Urban Design Skills - Tools for Assessing Quality Development Designs
- Mark Hand, Chair Planning Officers Society for Wales and Monmouthshire County Council – Enhancing outcomes through performance monitoring
- Speed Briefing Case Studies: quick-fire presentations on local delivery
- Breakout seminars to cover a wide practical range of topics
The Conference gives the opportunity to keep up to date and meet and discuss others with an interest in planning in Northern Ireland.
Who should attend?
There are topics and speakers of interest to all areas of planning, wherever you are based and whichever sector you work in.
You may even be interested if you don’t work in Northern Ireland (you might just want to know how things are evolving in the jurisdiction). Perhaps you are just starting out in your career in planning (we offer special rates for RTPI Student and Licentiate members) and we welcome members of other professions too. Non RTPI members are welcome.
The full Conference rate is £80 +VAT, special discounted rates are offered to RTPI Student, Licentiate, Unemployed or Retired Members of £40 +VAT. Special Offer: organisations booking 3 places, can claim a 4th place for free (the cheapest place is free). Anyone booking a place on the Young Planners Conference in Belfast will receive 20% off their ticket price for the Annual Conference.