Friday, 20 May 2016
The Highland Council HQ, Glenurquhart Rd, Inverness, IV3 5NX
See details below
The Highlands and Islands Chapter present their annual study tour, with an all-day event covering planning issues in the Cairngorms National Park.
The day will include the following talks, presentations and site visits:
- Cairngorms National Park Authority – role of the planning authority & current planning issues
- A9 Dualling Challenges – planning, engineering, environmental and economic implications
- Strathspey Railway – procedures and impact of expansion to Grantown on Spey
- Glenmore Master Plan - overview of work on planning for visitors and creating a world class experience from Aviemore all the way to Cairngorms
- Cairngorm Mountain - vision and plans for development/investment in repositioning a winter sports centre.
- Cairngorm Brewery visit & evening meal in Aviemore (to be confirmed)
Please note there will be a small contribution towards catering costs - details will be included in the itinerary sent to those attending.
Please contact the Chapter to book a place.