Join the MPA and the RTPI on 18 May at the Grange St. Paul's Hotel in London for this year’s minerals conference. We will be focusing on the challenges and opportunities presented by the emerging UK Minerals Strategy that is currently under development.
The last four years have seen the publication of the NPPF which formalised the presumption in favour of sustainable development. At the same time, the wider economy is transitioning out of one of the deepest recessions for a generation, largely off the back of an established pro-growth agenda. In many respects, the foundations to maintain and deliver future mineral supply in a sustainable and timely manner should now be in place, but in many cases the practical reality feels somewhat different.
Against a backdrop of a developing UK Minerals Strategy, this year’s conference will consider the current state of play in planning issues across a wide range of mineral interests. This will include some of the challenges and opportunities that are emerging as those who are charged with securing the supply of minerals for society look for long term solutions.
Why you should attend
- Understand the practical challenges and opportunities that exist across a wide range of mineral interests
- Inform, influence and contribute to the development of the UK Minerals Strategy
- Appreciate the future requirement for mineral resources to meet societal needs over the next decade and beyond
- Understand the need and effectiveness of safeguarding policy provisions for key minerals infrastructure
- Keep up-to-date on developments around the licensing of European Protected Species
Please click here to download the booking form
Alternatively please contact Mary Burling at the MPA to book your place or discuss sponsorship.
Telephone: 07855 958 434